Return of the Space Pack

Daetrin

Finally had a good event to dust off the space pack and get some photos with it. This was created by John Danter on these boards in the UKG. It's based off of screen caps and is a pretty good interpretation. With the advent of the action figure and hi-res screen shots, it will be interesting to see if anyone can top it.

Still, John deserves full credit for being first to get this in to the realm of reality and that much closer to an approved accessory. Props also to TK4205 who did the build from the kit provided by John.

Side

IMG_3054.jpg

Tracking the Falcon

IMG_3056.jpg

Detail of the back

IMG_3058.jpg

Side Angles

IMG_3058.jpg

IMG_3059.jpg

It alters the adjustment of my back plate and I think the strapping can be better sorted to make it perfect, but I think it came out really well for a first real troop.

Awesome :duim: Great detail....

BTW, Has anyone noticed that Joe Johnston ( who was one of the TK's who was dressed with one of the space packs ) has the hand plate on the wrong hand.....

l1sHXao.jpg

Another good part of this pix is that I've never seen it large enough to realize the bottles should be silver, not white.

Dan - I think this is hose option #1. IIRC in a different screen shot it looks like the tube goes up under the helmet, and is smaller/more round.

Yeah another good reference for the space pack is the STAR WARS LEGACY COLLECTION - BD#03 - SPACE TROOPER and the STAR WARS 2009 LEGACY- SPACE TROOPER - SPACE TROOPER BD#32

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

The two black jet exhaust look like the toilet plunger that some people have used for the TD back pack:

toilet_plunger.jpg

plungers.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I believe this is the most accurate figure showing the space pack (look at the top of the silver tanks and then compare with the behind the scenes images poster earlier).

67sj7mS.jpg

Thanks to the guys over at the RPF there is also evidence of the piece that was used for the tank showing up on the Death Star(bottom right corner).

8HYM6wk.jpg

All research credit goes towards John Danter and the RPF though, im just posting up their findings over here for those who didnt see it before:)

Pinky

Nice! Next will be interesting to see anyone who makes this pack. I'll certainly push this with Thomas/LMO to be a canon accessory if so.