My first ESB version tk armor build - AP armor[*AP]

flukestarbucker

I recieved my AP armor kit on the 23rd. I have say that I am very impressed with the kit. I have most of it trimmed, though I wish I had found Stuka's tutorial before I started. I've spent the last two days looking over photos and various tutorials so now come the questions.

ESB version armor is largely the same as ANH version and I've seen the threads listing the differences. My two main questions are:

1) Since the ESB and ANH versions of the armor, I assume that means that the calf, thigh and forearm armor use ABS strips to cover the seams. The pieces do not overlap in the front and back but are butted together and shimmed inside and then have ABS strips to cover the seams..........Is that correct?

2) I noticed in Stuka's tutorial that he left a return on his armor. I left a return on most of the armor but did not do it on the chest piece. Is that wrong? and if so, suggestions on how to get a return on the chest piece without a modeling iron. I will post some pics of the chest piece today if I get a chance.

Thanks to all who respond.

You should leave return edges on the chest armor on the sides where your shoulders meet the chest and on the bottom edge that overlaps the ab plate.

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working