Impressions of RT-Mod Armor/Helmet?

Seeking anyones impressions of RT-Mods ANH Armor/Helmet. Hopefully someone out there actually owns one of these suits and can comment directly as to accuracy, build quality, etc. of his work. I have researched quite a bit on this already and really like his stuff, but having never seen any of it in person...I just do not have the appropriate level of knowledge. Specifically, is his new helmet (other than being 3% larger to match armor size) accurate? In all of the photos I can find there are no bumps on the ear peices. I was under the impression that there should be three bumps on the gray raised box for ANH helmets. Is the RT-Mod a 'hero' or 'stunt'?

Thanks for your time,

Mike T.

Charities rule!

There are at least 2 different RT Mod armor build threads, along with loads of pics of RT Mod helmets in different threads. I own an RT Mod helmet, I believe it's his Mark 4 version (he's up to Mark 5). I wear it with my FX kit, and I've got closeup photos of it in my EIB submission thread.

--------------

Overall, it's great. Exactly what the stock FX helmet should have been. My only real complaints is that the vocoder is a sticker (as opposed to being painted on - easy to fix), and the gray earcaps aren't as prominent as they should be.

I modified mine by removing the gray lens strip and Hovis that come with it and replacing them with green Stunt lenses and speaker-Hovis. When I get around to it, I'm also going to remove the vocoder sticker and paint it as it should be.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

NoVATie said:
A guy just posted pictures of his completed RT-Mod suit, take a look on the forums.

I think he's talking about me? :D

----------

I said it before and I will say it again, RT-Mod is the best accurate armor for those of us who do not have "movie accurate" body types ;) . Rob is a great fellow to deal with, and his armor is worth the wait. I'm only 5'8", a few inches short of RT-Mod's ideal height range, plus a little heavier too, but I was able to trim it (and shim it) to fit me like a glove. I don't own one of his helmets, but thats simply because I hurried up and bought my MR CE without doing some proper research first.

But like I said in my thread, if you want some extra ABS to shim your armor, or make strips to assemble your armor accurately, you've got to ask for it!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021