REQUEST FOR: Lower Arms - which side to velcro?

TK4869

I was hoping to be able to glue both side of my lower arm armour but I don't think this will be possible so I will have to glue one side and velcro the other.

I've been looking around but can't seem to find out if there is a preference to which side should have the glue and which side should have the velcro. Logic (lol like that ever worked for me) says that the part that is seen more (upper?) should be glued and the velcro should be on lower part as this looks better. Saying that, velcroing the upper part seems to me as though it would be easier for me to fasten myself as I'd like to be able to dress myself on my own :blush: as much as possible lol :wacko:

Any advice is appreciated :)

I assume you're talking about FX armor, correct?

Your logic is correct, glue the side that is generally visible, velcro the side that is generally hidden from view. It may make it harder to armor up alone - which you should never have to do, but not impossible.

Yeah, its FX :)

So my logic may actually be working for this one?? :dance: (laughs hysterically).

Also :blush: being short I will have to cut the arms down to fit. Is it better to cut it from the elbow/back (not seen again). As the wrist tapers wouldn't I just be widening the opening and therefore showing more of a gap at the wrist which wouldnt look as good. The only reason for asking is that there is a slight lip at the elbow which I would lose if I cut from there but if its less likely to be seen does this matter?

And by the way if my logic is correct twice in a row I may have to have a rest :lol: