Doug's ATA Build[*ATA]

Thanks, everyone!

I totally lucked out getting the TM suit -- definitely one of the most fun purchases I've made in a long time.

Couldn't be happier with it.

Speaking of Troopermaster, I got some really solid advice from Paul regarding the ATA helmet the other day, so I think I'm going to fiddle with it quite a bit. (Thanks for the tips, Paul. I'm definitely gonna try and put them to good use. :duim:)

The brow trim just isn't lining up correctly with the traps right now, and it's driving me bananas. :P

On a different topic, I have a question for everyone--

Looking at almost all the TE-derived armor, it seems like the curve in the left (as you're looking at it) thigh got really distorted somewhere along the way.

When you look at screenshots of ANH and ROTJ armor, both thighs have this really severe, flowing, "S" curve where they follow the line of the cod. However, most of the kits I see in the TE lineage end up with a much softer, rounder curve. Just doesn't look as nice, IMO.

Just wondering:

A.) If anyone knows why this part looks so different from the onscreen suits, and...

B.) If there's anything that can be done to restore some of the original curve.

I dunno... it sounds weird, but the armor just looks so much cooler when both legs have that elegant contour in them.

(Did I really just say that? Man... I'm spending WAY too much time looking at reference photos.)

You guys have any thoughts on the matter, or am I just a total weirdo? :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes you're a total wierdo, but it has nothing to do with the thigh (just kidding) Armor looks amazing. I'm jealous of all you little guys. I got black comming out all over the place cuz I'm tall.. :-(

I'm basically 6'0".

I may not be playing power forward for the Bulls, but I don't need to sit on a phonebook to drive, either. :D

And you're right: I am a total weirdo.

For so very many, many reasons.

I'm basically 6'0".

I may not be playing power forward for the Bulls, but I don't need to sit on a phonebook to drive, either. :D

And you're right: I am a total weirdo.

For so very many, many reasons.

yea, ya dress up in white plastic....Wierdo ...hee hee

Thanks, Mike and Johnny!

So far, the biggest obstacle has been finding time to work on the kit. I have a really lousy habit of doing things really sloppily when I feel rushed, so I've been forcing myself to leave the kit alone unless I have a nice, big chunk of time to work on it without distraction. It's like telling a kid "There's chocolate in the cupboard, but you can't have any, fatty."

I have Monday off, so I'm really hoping to make some progress.

I was told by my ladyfriend that if I wanted to experience any smooching in the next decade, this weekend is her's.

So no armor building for a couple more days. :P

Mike-- Hopefully we'll get to troop together sometime soon!

If you pick up a TM kit, just let me know. If you don't mind driving down to Denver, I'd be happy to let you check out the Stuka-Suit in person sometime.

I'm just the spoiled lazy-a$$ who bought it -- far be it from me to hoard it to myself. ;)