Leg Strips on ANH "too wide?"

runewolf

Hey gang, I've been working on my ATA suit and am desperately trying to finish the shins. My legs are kinda muscular and bulky from years of roller skating and cycling. I am trying to fit them together in the clamshell fashion with the strips for ANH. Is it going to be a problem if the strips are one inch or more in width? I see all these wonderful builds that have less than an inch strips front and back, but there is no way my calf muscle will fit if I make the front strip that small.

Allen,

I had a similar problem, in that I've basically been an athlete all my life and have larger thighs and calves. I kept the strip size normal on the front of the thighs and calves (around 20mm), but built them so that the raised area that is butted extends a little wider than the strips. From any distance at all, I think they look fine that way.

Allen,

I had a similar problem, in that I've basically been an athlete all my life and have larger thighs and calves. I kept the strip size normal on the front of the thighs and calves (around 20mm), but built them so that the raised area that is butted extends a little wider than the strips. From any distance at all, I think they look fine that way.

LOL i wish I could claim it was from being an athlete. I just skated most of my teen years (only place in our town to meet girls lol) and rode my bicycle everywhere including a few 150 mile MS rides.

Ah, so it is not a problem to show the edge below? Especially if you are trying to go elite?

Different armours on different troopers need different widths. Make sure you make your suit fit you. The size of the strip is not set in stone, remember the original suits were made to fit thin extras...

One way to get round having a big wide strip is to make the front strip smaller and have a slightly bigger one at the rear, as not so many people will look at your rear..

I think on my TE2 set i made the font strip 1 inch wide to fit my legs, but my TM i can get away with 20mm wide strips.

Ok, if it is not going to hurt my chances of getting elite, then I won't worry so much. I'm afraid to go much smaller than 1 inch on the front as it makes the front so pinched that I end up with a huge looking gap on the back. 1 inch makes the armor curve back enough that I feel comfortable that I'll be able to close it with velcro.

I did the front at 1" and the backs at 1.5" the backs are a little wide, but it's better than them not fitting. and the only people that'd know the difference probably exist on this board.