How long shall I leave the gloss to dry?

Hi,

I have just started painting my TE HDPE and got to a great finish with Wickes appliance white gloss and was leaving it to dry and some kids from the flats I live put there grubby little mitts all over it!!

So I have waited all night and wets sanded it down to what I think looks good. Now how long before I can repaint it gloss without it bubbling up or crackling?

Thanks Chris! Will do. I'll post some pics of it when I'm done.

I waited 4 days before I even touched mine after spraying it.... I would wait as long as possible to let it cure.

Hi,

I have just started painting my TE HDPE and got to a great finish with Wickes appliance white gloss and was leaving it to dry and some kids from the flats I live put there grubby little mitts all over it!!

So I have waited all night and wets sanded it down to what I think looks good. Now how long before I can repaint it gloss without it bubbling up or crackling?

Wow am impressed..... u only mentioned the kids once...... i would have open a entire thread about what i thought,how i reacted & and what i did to them......

Your sir are a Gentelman!

Sorry to hear about that, luckly it was only paint damage and not structural one.

• 1 month later...

Hey Joey,

Sorry it's been a while since I've answered but I didn't realize anyone else posted.

I have a young daughter myself and you soon learn that it's pointless getting too worked up over what kids do. Young kids in particular don't know the difference between wrong and right and I guess they were just being inquisitive. I don't suppose they knew what it was or that it had wet paint all over it when they decided to touch it! I shouldn't have left it out in a communal area. :rolleyes:

anyway I stripped it all down to the bare HDPE and started again, then dropped it on the grass and F***** it up all on my own this time! :6:

So waited for it to dry, stripped it down again and started all over again..............Que song....... :lol:

I'm now on my fourth attempt at getting this thing right and learning alot of lessons along the way. I look at the bright side of life and just think how lucky I am to have been able to paint 4 TE HDPE lids! :wub:

I've just done some glossing and it hasn't come out quite as glossy as I'd like so I guess I'll have to leave it another week and give it another coat and hopefully get it finished soon.

I going for an ESB this time round and will definately be posting some more progress and finished photos soon.

Watch this space peeps.................. :salute: