Dutch Weapon Law Restrictions

To have all of this over with once and for all: I do not want to join the Dutch Garrisson

It's been three months or so and during all this time I've been publicly (and privately) harrassed by members of the 501st that somehow feel affected by all of this.

Most not even living in the Netherlands.

I still do not need to apologise for 'what I have done', since all I did was inquire.

The only reason people go ballistic on me now is that I had the decency to put my conversations on here,

and people started to make connections. If it was some old hag, none would have been paying much attention.

This ordeal has nothing to do with me, being that if the DG had done 4 years ago what I did two or three months ago, they wouldn't be in trouble right now.

I had every right to inquire about the weapons law, and if that is an action I am to be convicted for by all of you go ahead.

"Since this all blew up, we had several police visits on other events, to check us out if we didnt break the law again."

Yes, well and a good thing at that! As a member of the 501st you're supposed to be a perfect example to everyone etc. etc. so LFL won't look stupid.

Heck just take one glance at the Legion Charter and you'd think that paying heed to local weapons laws would be in that list wouldn't it?

And not to mention... Breaking the law is illegal. So why the hell are all of you cross with me? Cos you got caught and now have to face the consequences of it?

I do not have to be more humble or less condescending, because I've been the target of so many bashes ever since this whole crapfest started, all because all of you bashers needed a scapegoat to bash. I had nothing to do with the police checking you out. I have no one to apologise to. Maybe the fact that you all were deliberatly carrying illegal weaponry around might have to do with the fact that you're under surveillance right now? Yes they are toy guns, but not by law.

(If you happen to live in a country where guns are abundant, good for you. Here it works differently, live by it.)

Accept it: You messed up. You fvcked over the Legion Charter by ignoring the local laws and got busted. End of story.

Go and nag, bash or whatever at me for all you want, but that is the bare and cold truth my friends.

The only ones being wrongfully condescending here are the people who feel that I should give an apology to them.

I have nothing to do with it. The law was there all the time, and you were there waving your toy guns in the air, all knowing it was bloody illegal here.

It was a matter of time, and I am sorry that I might have speed up the process, though it was inevitable regardless.

As Daetrin said; look at the other Garrissons that are less fortunate and consider yourself lucky. So what if the police force pops up now and then? In a while their attention will diminish because they'll see what charitable people you really are. Heck, bond with them and make it fun. Show them what you do. Prove yourselves to them. They're all humans like us. It's an opportunity to create a bond of trust between the 501st and the police force/dept. of justice.

And what if the attention does not diminish? So what? At least now you're certain the law's abided and there'll be more control at the events you're attending.

You're still allowed to carry the white toy blasters... It is not the end of the world. You can still have fun with the police around, and even without blasters.

Just some odd ideas, but print out an E11 blaster on cardboard paper and turn it into a pamphlet. Same size as a regular blaster, stack em up and put em in your holster, there you go.

I do not wish to be part of the DG anymore, and if there's a Garrisson that does want to take me in, feel free to contact me.

If all else fails, I'll just apply for a one-man Lone Wolf Squad if need be to get the perks of being a 501st member instead.

This thread can be closed.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vincent,

I'm somewhat surprised that you want to close that door, but given the way this whole story evolved I can imagine how you feel. Communication through mail and forums suck really hard, specially when conflicts and discussions arise.

I don't want to comment on the subject itself as all that needed to be said, was said. I want to let you know that you should let the dust settle around here and in a while (I'm thinking next year) reconsider if you still feel you do or do not want to troop with the Dutch Garrison.

Let me say this:

Naturally some of our DG members are not happy at all with the situation, but given some time and the chance to get to know you things will work out just fine.

Barry Rijkse

CO

Dutch Garrison

• 3 weeks later...
Vincent, I tried to be on your side throughout all this, I really did. I don't think I can anymore.

You were asked to drop it, you didn't. The Legion by-laws state that the costume must meet 501st standards WITHIN applicable local laws. (I'm paraphrasing here) You continued to push the issue after you were given the "NO you can't have your toy gun" answer about a dozen times from the ministry. What did you think they were going to do? Especially affter you posted links to the 501st and Garrison websites in your e-mails. No matter what your intentions were, you went about it the wrong way. You didn't think of the consequences. What if LFL gets wind of this? What do you think would have been their stance on this if it had made CNN? You should consider yourself lucky that guys who lost alot of $ and time because of you are willing to give you a 2nd chance. I agree with the premise of what you did. Just not how you carried it out.

Also, your 'Don't blame me" attitude isn't going to win you any friends on the matter either. A little humility here might be in order.

(On second thought just let this dog die)