Going To Florida

TK7475

Hi all,

Me, my wife and lads are going from the UK to Orlando, Florida for a 2 week vacation from this weekend. I am in the military and as a serving member was wondering what discounts etc are available at Disneyland for military personnel.

Any Florida Garrison members who fancy a meet and greet would be most welcome.

Cheers all

I know there are really good discounts for U.S. military, not sure about out of country. Also, when are you planning on going? We just went to Disney world in early June and the heat and humidity were so oppressive it almost killed any fun we were having. We had to drastically alter our plans each day so that we stayed indoors at the hotel or in a pool during daylight hours and hit the parks at night. It was a real bummer. If I could do it all over again, I would have gone in the off season when it was cooler. I hear that the summer heat starts in April and goes into November. :(

Not sure if you have housing plans already, but I would HIGHLY recommend renting a house. I have done so the last two years, and it is great for relaxing and getting away, and can be cheaper than a hotel.

We were able to rent a house for $150 a night during June, which is peak season. If you want details, PM me and I will send you the specifics, but it was the best way to stay during Star Wars Weekends.

I think Steve an Margaret (the TK's who went with me last year for a FISD appearance), also enjoyed the stay!!!

Not sure if you have housing plans already, but I would HIGHLY recommend renting a house. I have done so the last two years, and it is great for relaxing and getting away, and can be cheaper than a hotel.

We were able to rent a house for $150 a night during June, which is peak season. If you want details, PM me and I will send you the specifics, but it was the best way to stay during Star Wars Weekends.

I think Steve an Margaret (the TK's who went with me last year for a FISD appearance), also enjoyed the stay!!!

Agreed, we rented a 3 bedroom, 3 bath townhome with it's own pool for about $110 per night! Kicked butt over being in a hotel room!