Humbrol Dark AD grey #5

thanks never thought of it! (bangs head!) saw one for just $5 including shipping. its from the UK though so i guess shipping might take a while . ;)

I just bought mine through a US reseller Squadron.com use the drop down on manufacturer and the first page for Humbrol will have the paint you need, Number 21 Black (HU021), Number 5 Dark Admiral Grey (HU005) and Number 14 French Blue (HU014) $2 a can, plus shipping. So for me I have $14 in this order.

You also have to remember that #5 is now lighter than it used to be. A small amount of black is needed to darken it up slightly.

Mark i find this is ony true when painting the grey onto unpainted plastic. When using the same on a helmet that has been painted white, the grey appears darker, wierd :o

Mark i find this is ony true when painting the grey onto unpainted plastic. When using the same on a helmet that has been painted white, the grey appears darker, wierd :o

Very strange... I fully resprayed my MRCE and still had to darken it down....but found it ok when I did my Ep3 Clone lid.. and both had the same white paint used.

Had to darken it on my most recent TK lid, and that's gloss HIPS.

Thanks for the offers guys! i purchased one on ebay last night. cost me just $4.50 including s/h :)

btw whats the ratio of black to the humbrol gery to get the right shade? 10 drops of grey to one drop of black?

thanks again!

I used Jez's site, and Mike's 'DaveM' decals as reference to get the right shade. Just kept on adding black until it looked right.

Ended up with a perfect match...so now have a near on full tin of it....lol.