TK-Recruits ATA Armor Build[*ATA]

So it's been a long while since i've updated my thread. That's because nothing has really happened yet and this is the first time in a long while i've had the opportunity and motivation to sit down and really get some stuff going. I can confidently say that my gloves are ready to rock and roll. Hand plates and all....

Yet I'm struggling with the forearms at this point. I know the plastic is supposed to overlap yet i'm having a helluva time trying to get it to fit together well. If anybody has some inside outside pictures of two forearm pieces fitting together that would be spectacular. When they are set together using some brute force and clamps it almost looks right, but the edges of the plastic are so warped that i've had to shave off cits of HIPS here and there just to get it to sit as nicely as it does.

Is this normal for one thing? My dad has been helping me and he told me to stop being such a wuss and just make it work. This seems like a decent sentiment but I don't want to do any permanent damage to my armor so i'm moving slowly.

Some pictures in an upcoming post.

The forearms do not overlap, that's only FX and RT that clamshell together. All others butt joint, meaning they touch side-by-side and a strip on top is what holds them together.

hrm.... i sort of massacred the edges of one of the forearms. I still have plastic to work with though so i'm okay. (shudder)

Do you know in inches how wide the plastic lip should be on both pieces then? That stukatrooper pictorial doesn't have the forearms as far as I can tell. The width of the area to the left of my thumb to be precise.

P1010364.jpg

also a picture of my disaster area work zone.

P1010358.jpg