Need Help Finding Pleather

Who is a good place to get pleather from? I've done some searchs on the net but not sure exactly what I'm looking for. I found a website that sells Upholstery Vinyl/Articial Leather and another the sells White Textured Naugahyde Vinyl Coated Faux Leather (what a mouth full!) but I'm not sure if this is what I should be looking for or not. I would like the leather from the TK boots to make it look like plastic if its possible.

I've seen a few pictures and YouTube videos of TKs using this to close the gap between the ab and lower back plates and I'd like to do this instead of having a black elastic strap going between them (it also drives me batty seeing that black strip running half my body).

If anybody also has any tips or pictures on how to install this please let me know also. I was going to sew velco hooks on to the pleather and attach loop to the inside of my armor so if I gain weight (or by an act of God, lose it) I could just get another strip of pleather.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

I'm just a newbie, too, but here's what I did:

I used strips of plastic, cut from those that came with my FX kit that were intended for the belt. It's kinda tight, but it holds my gut in, nicely. Also, I have to exhale and hold my breath in order to get it snapped. I did have to use hard-action industrial snaps to hold it together, as the regular ones kept popping open. 'course, that's not going to help if you gain any weight.

Joanns is the best place I've found to get canvas, vinyl, elastic and hook-and-loop fasteners.

I have a ton of the stuff. I used industrial velcro to secure it. It works great. I will probably have to replace it after a while as it's not exactly the most durable stuff. If you want some, let me know and I can mail it to you.

I bought it at Hancock Fabrics which is everywhere.

Thanks johnnymac for the offer. I'd like to find a place to order it from for referance and future suits but if I can't find some I might take you up on your offer.

I looked up Hancock Fabrics and found these two:

-----

Which one would be the one I want?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

eskimojoe37 said:
Thanks johnnymac for the offer. I'd like to find a place to order it from for referance and future suits but if I can't find some I might take you up on your offer.

Which one would be the one I want?

No idea... The shop that I bought mine from had 4 different kinds. I got the one that looked as close to my FX armor as I could. Unfortuantely, it didn't have a name. Sorry.

I found some material at Jo-Ann's. It's called Lexus White Faux Leather and it cost $34.99 a yard. Luckly I only needed 9 1/2" wide (it was something like 54-58" long). I gave it to a shop to sew some velco into it and I should be all good next week. Thanks to you guys that posted help.