Accurate aerators assemble?

TK-7828

Hi!

I did a search and could not find any answears that matched my question so here it goes :)

I have the movie accurate aerators to my new ap helmet and I painted the outside black with humbrol so far so good...

Now my 2 questions:

1. I got a square mesh to the aerators and i have no idea how to best cut them to the right size and how to assemble them, should I use glue or will the stay in place by them self?

2. Should i paint the inside white or leave it with the white/yellow resin color?

thanks

Andreas

1. I got a square mesh to the aerators and i have no idea how to best cut them to the right size and how to assemble them, should I use glue or will the stay in place by them self?

Normally, stay in place by them self with an accurate cut (yes, it's not really easy <_< )

2. Should i paint the inside white or leave it with the white/yellow resin color?

Which helmet do you want to do? Hero and sandtroopers helmets have full black mic tips (and mesh) except the nipple inside which are unpainted (pure white resin)

For other stormtroopers helmets, mic tips are black outside and blank inside!

I didn´t have the guts to drill large holes in my helmet, also, the aerator area on my AP is pretty thin. So instead, I drilled a hole in the back of the aerators, about 0,5 cm deep and just wide enough to push the back of a machine screw in there, then filled the rest of the hole with 5 min. epoxy. And voilá, you have an attachment screw.

I then drilled a small hole in the helmet, pushed the screw in and attached it with a washer and nut on the inside. Oh, and I also put some rubber washers on both the in- and outside to help dampen and absorb any shock to the aerators. Works great for me!