Help reading the templates (ANH E-11)

Werstrooper

hey guys i've got a couple main problems (regarding the templates anyway)

1) Are there two different types of Magazine clips (curved and straight)?

2) are there 2 different folding stocks? if not, are all the folding stock pieces used?

i've cut out and dremeld the magazine housing, and most of the folding stock parts.

now is where the confusion lies

3)the attached photo shows a blank clip and an end piece with bending tabs,

what the hell are these used for? there's no way when folded that clip will fit into the

magazine housing!

4) lastly, the pages that show a 3 1/2 inch ruler scale. does that scale need to match the

inches on a ruler? because i follwed the printing guide and these have come out large

it would really help if I had a scale E-11 to refference to :-(

3 times i've tried to make this thread, 1st time my comp frooze up after 20 mins of thinking

and wording correctly, second i spilt coffee all over the fracking desk! will it work this time? :cries:

post-6689-1235537425_thumb.jpg

I welded my maghousings together so the little fold and tuck tabs on the template were not used in my case. There are 2 different templates for the mags and also for the folding stock. My recommendation is to see what template works best for you. If you want to save alot of time drop Stomper a line and get one of his maghousing/mag cast parts. They are simply peautiful pieces. I just installed one on my modded hasbro today.

Keep us posted!

Thankyou so much Chris, that clears all that I needed to hear. I can start back on my temps again now!

I also will be welding (and spot welding) it all together, aswell as the aluminium. I'm hoping that i wont need to use any filler on my e-11

cheers agian mate!

Trav

Oh trust me you will be using some filler. I really wish I had the facilities to weld aluminum. I could have prolly dropped the weight of my scratchbuilds to under 3 pounds. Even with dang near all steel greeblies my scratchbuilds weighed about 4 pounds.

well my alloy tubing turned up yesterday (took a week to travel 2 hours on a truck!) so i'll be setting up to drill it tonight.

I've finished all the parts for the folding stock, aswell as the magazine. I've started putting the folding stock together it's slmost ready for welding, then i'll clean them up on the linisher and sandblast them ready for priming.

tonight if i get time i'll bend the mag housing aswell, kinda afraid i'll stuff it up so I made a cardboard bending template, that still isnt helping :(

i'll post pics soon

another template question

the missing hole on the barrel template, is that suppose to be marked and drilled?

because all the other ANH blasters i've looked at hace a hole in that possition

nope the missing hole is where the bayonet clip is supposed to go. The templates do not show the clip so you will have to look at some Sterling pics or some E-11 pics and design it yourself.

My FX kit just turned up!! wwoooooooo!! what a nice kit!

anyway...

The barrel is almost finished, all the holes are drilled and the slots cut out, just need to file the cutouts and

trim the barrel lenght and i'm all good.

went to the hardware store last night and picked up a dremel accessory kit and some plastibond (that stuff is expensive)

i've lost the computer cable for my sony camera so the pics are running a little behind, i'll need to save them to the laptop and upload them. That's if the sony memory stick fits into the laptop :-(