Paint bubbles

I'm sorry if this has been addressed, I've looked around quite a bit.

I'm trying to paint my Hasbro + Resin kit blaster. I've sanded it, primered it and applied 2 coats of Krylon flat black. One problem, the damn paint keeps bubbling up in a couple places. -the folding stock and the barrel of the gun. I've resanded it and reprimered the places, but then paint keeps bubbling up in other places that the sanding roughed up.... I'm stating to think that I should quit whilst I'm only slightly behind. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

Well to answer your question? It can be a few things. First off is the time frame between coats. The can will usually tell you how long you should wait or not wait before adding another coat of paint. Many times I have gotten the same results from time frame. The other thing that can cause this is weather, and temperature. Need to make sure the moisture content is not to high, and that the temp is above 50 for best results usually.

The last thing it can be is a little dirt/ oil/ or foreign substance which caused the problems to begin with, but now I think your problem is the first thing I told you.

You dont want to know the best way to solve this. (removing all the paint) A second shot would be to get a good primer, resand and smooth the problem areas, and reprime it before paint.

Before I done this though I would check with a professional auto body person first, like a paint store, and see what they recommend. They may tell you to use a different paint, primer combo which will not react with one another.

Well to answer your question? It can be a few things. First off is the time frame between coats. The can will usually tell you how long you should wait or not wait before adding another coat of paint. Many times I have gotten the same results from time frame. The other thing that can cause this is weather, and temperature. Need to make sure the moisture content is not to high, and that the temp is above 50 for best results usually.

The last thing it can be is a little dirt/ oil/ or foreign substance which caused the problems to begin with, but now I think your problem is the first thing I told you.

You dont want to know the best way to solve this. (removing all the paint) A second shot would be to get a good primer, resand and smooth the problem areas, and reprime it before paint.

Before I done this though I would check with a professional auto body person first, like a paint store, and see what they recommend. They may tell you to use a different paint, primer combo which will not react with one another.

Thanks, it's probably temperature.... It's about 40 degrees in my basement. (at 15 outside) I guess I'll just have to wait for it to warm up. My fiancee might get a bit angry if I spray paint it in the kitchen. haha. I wonder if I can get away with warming the gun up to room temperature in my house then spraying it in the basement.... It's about 50 degress in the basement...