Noob in need

I am new here and I had thought of ways of making a stormtroopers armor using the papercraft methed for its cheeper and sturdy after you get the fiberglass on. After that I would carve out the details. I was wondering if any one can help me find paper craft blueprints or where I can find 3d scans to make it.

Hi!

Sounds like a mountain of work to do, but if you're willing, good luck to you. AllI would say is the papercraft method would not be cleared for 501st legion - unless it was a totally perfect job. Just so you know.

But this is the place where you'll find lots of help and advice, so fee lfree to ask away.

MTFBWY!

Tel

Your "end goal" is of course very important here.

If you're wanting to troop and / or join the Legion then you'll need to get some actual armor, either FX (which isn't that expensive) or some other kit.

I know nothing really about "papercraft"... but my question is how much would it cost to make a complete suit of armor out of it, AND cover it with fiberglass?! You, of course, have to count your time in producing this as part of the cost. You must factor in the probability of completing it successfully or having to, in the end, buy a kit of armor after all.

Also I have to wonder about the wear-ability of armor made in this manor. Fiberglass armor is very heavy and hot. But, again, I don't know enough about it to form an opinion.

As far scans of armor I'm not sure if any exist. All of the kits that are out there that I know of are either sculpts from fans or descendants of the original screen used armor. LFL might have scans, but I don't know if any of "us" do.

We're not trying to discourage you or anything... just making sure you've thought it all out. :)

Good luck whatever you decide!