My 3D printed ANH E-11 build

kenjancef

3 hours ago, T-Jay said:

Hi Ken and welcome to the FISD. :salute:

First of all you have done an outstanding job on this blaster. Don't worry about the power cylinders and the counter being angled. We've had this discussion a while ago and both is accurate. Most builders (me too) just find it strange to have parts on a blaster that are NOT parallel to the receiver tube. But we have seen both so that's fine and gives it your personal touch. :)

Your blaster looks great and once the stand is finished, I am sure it will make a very nice display. As it currently appears 'factory-fresh' you might want to think about some fine weathering?! This often adds the bit of extra realism. Not sure if @justjoseph63 already mentioned, but here you can find interesting info with a specific chapter for weathering

Regarding blaster certification: armors and blasters can be built towards different levels of accuracy (Basic, Level 2 & Level 3). As far as I know you can only get your blaster reviewed as part of your full application for higher levels (incl. armor), which in both cases requires to already own the lower level and thus the 501st membership. In other words I am not aware of a process to only certify a single blaster. Maybe the staff experts here know more.

However, we DO have an unofficial certificate in the Download chapter of the E-11 Blaster Reference. Just check the PDF document and scroll down to the last page.

Printed and framed this will surely look awesome next to your display. ;)

Thanks for the reply. Yes, he has mentioned weathering, but I'm not sure I'm at that level in painting yet. I have other projects that would require it, so I may practice on those before I try anything on this blaster. My biggest fear is messing it up, even though weathering is technically messing it up anyway... lol...

And thanks for the certification info. Even though I've been on this forum for about 6 months or so, I'm still learning. And even though I won't be getting the full armor, I'm still going to be here to keep myself updated. I really learned a LOT since I've been here, and it's been AMAZING!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, kenjancef said:

Thanks for the reply. Yes, he has mentioned weathering, but I'm not sure I'm at that level in painting yet. I have other projects that would require it, so I may practice on those before I try anything on this blaster. My biggest fear is messing it up, even though weathering is technically messing it up anyway... lol...

And thanks for the certification info. Even though I've been on this forum for about 6 months or so, I'm still learning. And even though I won't be getting the full armor, I'm still going to be here to keep myself updated. I really learned a LOT since I've been here, and it's been AMAZING!

I totally understand the fear of messing up weathering, because sometimes it can look a little off if there is TOO much weathering! But practicing on other projects like you said is great! You know what they say, practice makes perfect!

Also, there is so much to learn when it comes to props and costuming and you build up to it over time!

19 minutes ago, Coolajxl said:

I totally understand the fear of messing up weathering, because sometimes it can look a little off if there is TOO much weathering! But practicing on other projects like you said is great! You know what they say, practice makes perfect!

Also, there is so much to learn when it comes to props and costuming and you build up to it over time!

Knowing me, I probably will build up to it, even though I say I won't... but Princess Leia's line "Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?" will most likely apply.. lol... 5'5" and shrinking... lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kenjancef said:

Knowing me, I probably will build up to it, even though I say I won't... but Princess Leia's line "Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?" will most likely apply.. lol... 5'5" and shrinking... lol

Hey, the Empire needs people of all shapes and sizes!

It's also important to never say never! If you were to ask me a year ago if you I would have completed a full set of Stormtrooper armor, I wouldn't believe ya! But yet, here I am now!

6 minutes ago, Coolajxl said:

Hey, the Empire needs people of all shapes and sizes!

It's also important to never say never! If you were to ask me a year ago if you I would have completed a full set of Stormtrooper armor, I wouldn't believe ya! But yet, here I am now!

Lol... Yea, guess you're right. We'll see....

• Like 1