Anovos FO stormtrooper

A very long time ago when TFA got released Anovos offered us from the legion to buy a FO stormtrooper kit that could be worn for the premiere of TFA. A trooper in our local garrison didn’t finish that kit still and I’m looking into buying it off him. There is 1 minor problem. The armor is slightly too small for me in the waist area the rest is fine. Is there a simple way to make this bigger? And is it even possible? Considering I’m not extremely handy and crafty… any tips? 

2 hours ago, Guy_V said:

A very long time ago when TFA got released Anovos offered us from the legion to buy a FO stormtrooper kit that could be worn for the premiere of TFA. A trooper in our local garrison didn’t finish that kit still and I’m looking into buying it off him. There is 1 minor problem. The armor is slightly too small for me in the waist area the rest is fine. Is there a simple way to make this bigger? And is it even possible? Considering I’m not extremely handy and crafty… any tips? 

You could add side shims, some have done that before, it's a case of splitting on the sides (if joined), expand to desired length, glue a piece of plastic behind, then glue a piece of plastic into the gap between the sides, you could then fill with ABS paste or automotive filler (bondo), the joins need to be filled as the sides don't have seams on screen seen armor.

ABS Paste

Shims (original trilogy with only one side needing to be filled, but will give you and idea)

KWmTO7J.jpg

Another here

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You could add side shims, some have done that before, it's a case of splitting on the sides (if joined), expand to desired length, glue a piece of plastic behind, then glue a piece of plastic into the gap between the sides, you could then fill with ABS paste or automotive filler (bondo), the joins need to be filled as the sides don't have seams on screen seen armor.

ABS Paste

Shims (original trilogy with only one side needing to be filled, but will give you and idea)

KWmTO7J.jpg

Another here

Thank you!! I’ll look into this! 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Shims are the way to go. It’s not too hard to do and the abs paste process is really simple, just be sure to take your time and not rush the work of paste, sand, polish, and repeat until it’s finished.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk