Wireless mic/transmitter and receiver

Hey troopers,

I'm currently using a throat microphone as per the attached photos.

While this configuration works very well, as attested to by my fellow troopers - if I have the Aker volume up just that wee bit too much I get some pretty harsh feedback.

The throat mic manufacturer did say that it is still susceptible to feedback, so with that in mind I am not disappointed with the overall performance, I JUST NEED a bit more volume without feedback.

Testing with a head mounted uni-directional microphone I can wind the volume up to almost maximum with zero feedback, this is great however with helmet on/off all the time this mic positioning is a royal pain in the butt.

Have been researching 2.4ghZ wireless micr/transmitter and receivers used by professional photographers, vloggers, etc - there is some really cool hardware out there.

I have been comparing pricing and features for the below:

• Saramonic Blink900 / love all the features but AU$600 is too much
  • Saramonic Blink500 / previous version than Blink900, from AU$280
  • Boya BY-XM6-S2 /  from AU$180
  • Rode Wireless GO 2 / from AU$254

I like the longer thinner dimensions of the Boya & Saramonic Blink500 as they both would suit my TK-Helmet which already has UKSWrath Hearing Assist [which is awesome, I replaced the small headphone patches with Sony $20 headphone cut down to fit]. That along with my helmet fans and batteries consumes a certain amount of space prompting me to look for a space conscious wireless mic system.

Just about to pull the trigger on the Boya unit [plus it has a listed run time of 7 hours ], just need to confirm that the dimensions of the TX mic unit will fit nicely inside my bucket.

Have read a few posts with guys using bluetooth mics, etc - couldn’t find anything regarding the setup I’m looking at.

Chest Comms 01.jpeg

Chest Comms 02.jpeg