ESB shoulder bell strap

Hi,

I saw a discussion in the thread "EIB requirement" that talked about the elastic (or strap) that goes on the shoulder bell and holds the bicep in place and I wish to have some clarification on this.  I went back to the CRL and I don't see any straps on the shoulder bell that could connect to the bicep on the picture and it's not mentioned.  The picture below taken from ep. V also doesn't show any straps.

H79jcR5.jpg

I (as a lot of people I guess), built my ESB trooper from a ANH kit and did some modifications to bring it to the ESB standards but that detail eluded me until now.  Searching the EIB forum for other ESB troopers, I saw that some member got EIB approved with the strap that is visible.

I wish to bring my armor up to centurion level in time so the big question is, should I remove the elastic strap right now or should/can I keep it?

Thanks

Dominic.

I have mine as to where the strap can’t be seen. I saw that very scene and thought the same so I just made it hard to see cause it does help to keep things in place. 

The shoulder bell elastic straps are exactly the same for ESB as in ANH since the are the same armour, only refurbished for ESB. While I cannot find an on-screen photo of the shoulder elastic at the moment, I can show you this comparison of an original ESB armour that was sold several years ago where you can clearly see the elastic strap.

LdeWOyt.jpg