The Eccentric Stormtrooper's ATA Build

Hello all, recently I have gotten my ATA kit. This is my first build with Stormtrooper armor, so advice would be very much appreciated!

So far I have started on my helmet, and I have been following pandatrooper's build thread.

I will try and post a lot more photos in future posts, but as of now despite resizing I can't seem to be able to attach any files. Guess that's what I get for being a newbie on the forums.

• Like 1

So here's the dome.

IMG_5450.jpg.39b87ce0ce5ade43fda5acec5b93fb8d.jpg
IMG_5451.jpg.248f2af7726bae2fd052b37b376054dd.jpg

Now, for this next picture of the dome I am a bit confused if I am supposed to trim the straight parts after the curve ends. I think I am supposed to, but I am not positive. It looks like the build I am following does so, but he hardly seems to take a good picture of the back for me to be quite certain.

IMG_5452.jpg.9634c726c5baeaab57c5a259e84c567a.jpg

And finally, the faceplate itself. I know the teeth aren't done yet, but I was wondering if I was taking off enough material or not for it. The best example of what I think looks done is the first tooth's right gap.

IMG_5453.jpg.f86aa69cb670fd85a1ee1a0becdb670e.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome! I use imgur to host my files, and I think it resizes them for me.

It looks like you need to take more material off. The holes aren't supposed to be round , they have straight lines. Check out these pics for some idea

• Like 1

Hey man, congrats on receiving your first kit! I'm in the middle of a build myself so I'm definitely no expert, but my biggest piece of advice I can give you is to take your time and have fun. It gets somewhat cliche, but also measure twice and cut once. It never hurts to go to as many build threads as possible and research as much as you can before making that cut. My main take away so far is to always cut less than you think you need to take off and trim off more later if you have to. Many of the veteran troopers will tell you, and I can attest, you can't put that plastic back once it's gone. Use the galleries here for reference, and if you have questions, ask! This has been one of the most welcoming and helpful communities I've had the pleasure of being a part of in my short time here and I know everyone wants to see you succeed. Good luck man! It's an awesome journey! 

Edited by DEVOLVER
Spelling
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So it's been a while, what with all the holidays coming around. Nonetheless, I think I am done with the teeth (I hope!).

https://imgur.com/a/kcBow

If my teeth are indeed done, next thing I'll be looking at is the back of the dome to find out if it still needs that extra bit of trimming before putting the helmet together.