Jimmi Prep Checklist

sandtrooper

Hello all,

I'm contemplating getting a Jimmi's TS armor kit.  I've read through some of the build threads but am trying to get a one stop list of everything needed to prepare the armor for paint.  That includes personal protection gear needed to work with fiberglass as well as the sanding, primer, plasti-dip (?), etc.  If someone could help me out, I'd be very thankful.

Pat

I just woke up and got to work, but having worked on his shore kit I've give a bit of advice:

Sandpaper

Respirator half or full

Googles

Gloves (nitrle and regular work

Sandpaper various Grits, you'll want something rough to do the inside and knock down the edges

Sanding block can be helpful to and I like those sanding sponges for odd shaped areas

A dremmel with a cutting wheel and sanding drum and a cutting bit for the visor of bucket if your doing that and probably the cutouts

Spot Putty and or Bondo

A case of beer

Primer

Paint- check some of the other builds for color code and advice there. I haven't done his TK so not sure

Patience- might help to turn on that song by Guns N Roses every now and than

Files

Clamps- can never have enough

E6K

Magnets

Nylon webbing, Elastic and Standard I'd do 1in and 3in

Tandy Snaps Line 24 with the tool and correct sized Aval

Mallet Wooden or a regular hammer might work but I've been messing up my tool and mushrooming it using my framing hammer on snaps

Good wood block and firm surface for setting snaps

Velcro Industrial strength

I'm probably forgetting a few items but I'm sure more will chime in, be sure to take the time to read the Jimmi builds on here. Best advice I can give.