schak's AP ANH Stunt

jmschak

BBB day was way back in March. For various reasons, the said box has been sitting in my garage untouched. Lots of other stuff going on between work and other projects. Plus, the box represented 40 years of childhood hopes and dreams and I was still a little terrified of jacking it up.

Turns out the fear was largely unfounded. "Not jacking it up" being a priority, I spent the extra money to get my kit trimmed. At the inaugural unboxing at an armor party over the weekend, most of the pieces appear to require very little, if any, addituonal trimming to fit. I'm kicking myself a bit now for not starting sooner, but it is what it is.

Started on the bucket last night. More to follow.49899cafb7cbb76687617082901f54a8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nice!! Just got my AP armor yesterday (posting BBB day pics later now that site is back up).  Took the same pre-trimmed option as you did, as time is at a premium, and Mark at AP provided a beautiful product. Still plenty of work to do on our own, but it's a relief not having the stress of getting all that cutting done (and the associated worry of really messing something up).   Can't wait to get moving on it myself.  We're actually building 3 sets at one time (my brother's, my son's and mine) so it will be an entertaining group effort.  Good luck and congrats on starting the build!

• Like 1

Pre-drilled holes on the helmet for the bottoms of the earcaps didn't quite line up right, and was causing some internal scrunching (to use a very technical term). Much tweaking later, the Lothar look is gone.
No pics, but quite a bit of time was also spent sanding the opening so my ears don't get snagged when putting it on. Hopefully more progress on the rest of it soon.

d7cd2ac65b940340358f29d645c95c1c.jpg

Edit: autocorrect is a fickle, fickle horrible thing.

Edited by jmschak

• 2 weeks later...

Tiny update. Wife's best friend is visiting. My nerd cave is also our guest room and it's way too hot to spend a lot of time in the garage. So, I don't really have a place to work on this right now. Doing little things where I can.

I'm probably going to have to repaint these, if for no other reason than I know I can do better.

yuqoFEg.jpg

7UeqpLb.jpg

Ebhl8w4.jpg

gl6pckQ.jpg

Edited by jmschak

Repainted traps, tears and ears. Turned out much better this time. I'm happy enough with it, anyway. Pic dump:

Q7pVOHr.jpg

xPTq0x4.jpg

V7BQTf4.jpg

ryyi6WT.jpg

m1IBIb4.jpg

azOHWgT.jpg

ffQ53Aq.jpg

Tube stripes are decals, everything else is hand painted. Obviously, I still need to put the hovis in, but I have UKSwrath's kit, and those will go in almost last. 

No pics, but second side of forearms and first side of biceps are E6000'ed and curing tonight. 

Edited by jmschak