Erik's First Build (AM 2.0 Armor)

Thought I'd start a post to get some questions answered.  I completed the helmet fine, but am struggling a bit with the biceps and forearms.  I needed to trim a large amount of material to fit my skinny-ish arms.  The resulting shape has the edges meeting at an odd angle, so the material needs to be bent rather aggressively when the cover strips are glued in place.  The clamps and magnets do a decent job of this, but need I be concerned at the amount of pressure that is left in the material when I'm done?  I feel like I have coiled up a spring and it will fail at some point.

The forearm picture below does a decent job of showing how, when I add a clamp, I will be forcing the material into a the needed shape.  Should I be heating the material to get it to bend before I do the gluing?  Appreciate any thoughts on this!

post-30461-0-63878500-1490545526_thumb.jpg

I have the same kit bud. Hot water does well I messed my biceps up and had to add some shims to make bigger. If I can give any advise is always cut it bigger and make small adjustments. Blue painters tape is your friend :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Eric. Experiment first with a scrap just to get comfortable with what happens to hot abs. You'll be putting it in boiling (or just boiled) water for a minute or two to get it soft enough where you can press the edge against your table to round it out. Boil first. Test fit with tape. Then glue with E6000.