Rogue One Screening - Hoyts Cannington 17th December 2016

gmrhodes13

DSS TROOP REPORT

EVENT: Rogue One Screening: Hoyts 17th December 2016

TROOPERS: TR13310 - Liz - Liz, TK85421 - Q - gmrhodes13, IC36367 - Luke - Verfolger, TK10469 - Ben - BennyTK, IG21897 - Johnathon - ImperialKanos, ID59226 - Jerry - jezzapm

Wrangler: James

REPORT: Since seeing Rogue One, the first time, all I've been able to think about has been Star Wars, s I was really looking forward to this next opportunity to dress up Smile.

We all arrived on time by 3:30, got ready, joked and chatted about our first thoughts about Rogue One. When it reached about 4:00, we all headed out to the area in front of the cinema. There seemed to be a much more steady stream of patrons than the opening night, but their frequency came in waves. Liz started off playing statues in front of the stairs, scaring a few people - after joking it would be funny if she scared someone down the stairs, she moved back a bit further... probably a wise decision.

About a third through the troop, a Westfield security man approached me, asking whether we had center permission to roam around the shopping center, I said I wasn't sure and to ask Hoyts manager - from then on we had to remain within the perimeter of Hoyts, rather than the area out the front - this minor inconvenience didn't reduce the photos taken with us though.

Over the evening we had two breaks, the first just to cool down and have another chance to relax, Hoyts provided us with free coke, and some refreshing icy water - they sure know how to treat the troops of the empire

Around 5:30 my brother James arrived, who I tried to convince to wrangle for us, but he initially chose to sit and read a book..........

About 6:00, Jerry, Johnathon and I headed to the entrance of a cinema which had just finished screening Rogue One and took photos with many surprised and pleased moviegoers. Hearing a couple kids say "I think I saw Vader there" after seeing us then run off to find him was entertaining.

As we headed back out to join the others at the front, I convinced James to come and help, although he was quite clueless, he did take photos for a couple groups of people which was good - eventually I'll get him into armour too haha

Soon enough it was 7:00, and the flow of patrons had died down, so we called it a day and headed to get changed before Liz, Glen, James and myself went to watch a masterpiece a second time.

REPORT BY: IC36367 - Luke

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161218/e497463b8ce33f9ed04e9838f2204171.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed