AM2.0 fit question

KaiserW

Posted this over on our garrison page, but not many have experience with the AM kit.

Somewhat disappointing weekend working on my TK. Seems I may be right at the height limit for the AM2.0 kit. Need to make some mods to fit my torso length.

If I pull the body sections up so the cod is tight, then my an impolite person is hanging past the butt plate. Ultimately I need it there, otherwise the chest/back don't overlap/touch the cod/back respectively.

I have a decent return edge left on the bottom of the butt plate. I was thinking of getting the iron out and flattening the return edge to get another half inch or so, but not sure how that would look.

Another option is to order another butt plate and mend 2 together to get another 2" or so length to the plate.

That or does anyone have a "buns of steel" vhs I can borrow so I can get this flabby an impolite person of mine lifted :)

Also the thighs may be an issue. I was trying to keep the rear cover strip over the transition like most kits. I ended up having to taper the cuts towards the bottom to get the strip to look vertical and in line. Ultimately they are super tight and not being able to go high enough may be part of my butt plate issue. Hoping I can remove the rear strip, place a larger rear strip in the back and expand my gap by just shy of the 20mm and re-glue the outer cover strip. Not sure if 20mm is enough circumference to make a difference, but i'm going to try.

I'll tackle the thighs tonight and am going to work on my belt.

Another thought I had too, I may be able to hide some gaps with the belt if I increase the distance between the kidney and butt plate. I'm just afraid the belt will sit too low in front. Most pics I saw have the belt right up against the button plate. Mine would need to be a good 2" bellow it to cover the gap well. Ugh, we'll see, one thing at a time.

Sorry for the crazy long post. Thanks for letting me vent.

I'm going to take pics now. Will upload soon

Here is my belt positioning, it should cover the kidney/butt plate transition, just worried about the height on the ab plate. The AM belt ammo boxes are 3.375" tall, so thinking of cutting it 3.5" and having my belt be the same. Right now the height seen is 3.875".

n3iuEIO.jpg

Here is the thigh issue. Front looks ok, if I can work out pulling them higher, I may take a bit of the inside to close the gap on the outside.

The back is my issue. See the shadow in the back picture, that's my cheek spilling over the top of the thigh piece, and the gap between the thigh and butt plate looks too big.

Any thoughts?

lrKr2GT.jpg

Hey Eric, being a fellow AM2.0 owner I had the same problem with the back plate in that it did not reach high enough on my back and sort of bridged out rather than lie flat, I got around this by reducing the return edge to about 5mm and then doing the boiling water trick to flatten the upper shoulder strap area, making it lie a little flatter against my back.

Also when looking at your photos, the two snaps on your butt plate are in the incorrect place, the spur that you have them fixed to should be removed and the snaps attached to the curved area, you will find that the fit improves when you remove the spur.

Have a quick look through my build if it helps, granted I have not finished yet, but I think I fought the same things your fighting with.

• Like 1