Bicep fix

RLH2515

Ok so I seem to have not left myself enough room in the biceps. I can wear them but they are a bit snug. Has anyone used abs slurry to add to the circumference after cutting too small ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Robert sorry to hear about your dilemma brother. Sounds like reopening the armor connections and adding a shim is your best bet. If you do it correctly you might be able to the gain enough space and yet keep the same outer cover strip. Just a thought.   

• Like 2

I have the same issue. It works but not happy with it. I built with the AM 2.0 kit. It is tight in the direction that adding shims really would make a small difference. I was thinking about trying boiling water to be able to heat it and change it just the bit that is needed, but worried about trying that.

I have the am 2.0 as well and yes mine is tight as well where shins go. I've read about the Boiling water but won't that pop the E6000?

As for the boiling water technique. I suggest you install some inner cover strips first and let cure for a few days, if using E6000. This will help prevent the seams from popping open as the glue will naturally soften during the process. 

As for the boiling water technique. I suggest you install some inner cover strips first and let cure for a few days, if using E6000. This will help prevent the seams from popping open as the glue will naturally soften during the process.

I did inner and outer on all my joints. Any advise then for the boiling water method. If I can get it more round it may help my situation.

Being the owner of a set of AM2.0, I had to use the boiling water method to make my biceps rounder and fit better as they were slightly rectangular once completed.

Another thing I did was reduce the return edges to about 5mm to free up more space.

If after trying all of the above you still need more room and have to remove the cover strips, I would increase the interior cover strips to about 30mm if you can, then when putting the biceps back together I would try and glue the inner and outer armour pieces to the interior cover strip, leaving about a 10mm or so gap between each side, so that you have a sort of recessed trench, then fill this trench with a strip of surplus ABS, that way if your external cover strips are 15mm, you can attach them over the top and not have any obvious shimmed areas, this can obviously be sized according to your outer cover strips.

Then use ABS paste to fill the ends where they join the return edge.

Doing this could free up 20mm or so of extra space.

Hope that makes sense ? and more importantly, helps :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Being the owner of a set of AM2.0, I had to use the boiling water method to make my biceps rounder and fit better as they were slightly rectangular once completed.

Another thing I did was reduce the return edges to about 5mm to free up more space.

If after trying all of the above you still need more room and have to remove the cover strips, I would increase the interior cover strips to about 30mm if you can, then when putting the biceps back together I would try and glue the inner and outer armour pieces to the interior cover strip, leaving about a 10mm or so gap between each side, so that you have a sort of recessed trench, then fill this trench with a strip of surplus ABS, that way if your external cover strips are 15mm, you can attach them over the top and not have any obvious shimmed areas, this can obviously be sized according to your outer cover strips.

Then use ABS paste to fill the ends where they join the return edge.

Doing this could free up 20mm or so of extra space.

Hope that makes sense ? and more importantly, helps :)

it makes perfect sense but to make them more round. Did you do this with them together or as a separate pieces?

I did it with the completed biceps, that way each piece was going to hopefully be shaped and still fit together, doing the pieces separately might change how they fit together.

I did wait a couple of days to make sure the E6000 was well set to avoid anything popping undone.

Once you hold the new shape and dunk your hands into cold water to set the pieces you should see a difference, just take it slowly and more importantly carefully as boiling water and hands do not normally mix well.

Try to keep the pieces in the water and not touching the pan as that could burn your armour.

• Like 1

Mine has been completed for about two months now. Just doing the little tweaks to make it better. If you had to guess how long did you keep it in the hot water. I can't imagine long. But I have a troop on the 10th and I believe I'll be revisiting these biceps.