Resizing armor?

I'm rather on the short side (5'4") and, as I'm jonesing to buy my first set of armor, I'm pretty much expecting sizing issues. I saw the comparison thread for FX v. RT, and while the FX was the smaller of those two, I still hear that it's on the large side. Now I can take a *little* extra off, but I don't know how I'll be at significant resizing. For the shorter troopers, what sort of armor kits did you buy? Any tips for resizing? I'm a chick, so I'm pretty sure I'll have work to do on the torso pieces, probably the thighs too.

Hm, well the FX armor is the most common and probably the easiest to mod for height. you can trim the tops of the thighs, and if needed the bottom of the calves. depending on your specific build, that may be all you need to do. you will most likely have to taper the thighs quite a bit. But its nothing impossible. What may happen with the torso section is the chest may sit low and cover the ab buttons partially. You can trim a bit off the very tops of the back and chest plate(the part that would sit on your shoulders) and that should lift it a bit. other than that, you can also trim the bottom of the chestplate like in the thread i just posted about modding the FX chest.

Other Armor like AP, TE2, TM etc, may be better if your thinner as you wont need to trim so much in the width of the thighs. those suits are ideal for someone 5'9"- about 5'11" or so, so, you will likely need to trim length the same as the FX kit.

The AP and TE2 are more accurate than the FX though, so theres a plus, but they are priced as such also.

TM is a complete original suclpt with very high accuracy, but the maker is located in the UK and the shipping could kill ya, on top oif the higher price due to what was oput inot making them.

RT mod would be just to big for ya most likely as it was designed for the bigger trooper in height and girth.

hope i helped somewhat, im sure someone else will chime in with more info..oh and btw, welcome to the FISD! :D

yup, what mike said B)

All they did was trim his chest plate on Mark H and it looked fine, so i think you'd be good to go with AP or TE2

I myself currently have an FX and just ordered an AP. Im 5'8" and round in the middle at around 200lbs lol Yould prolly look better in thr AP than me haha :P