Where to Trim Top of Abdominal plate?

SkaTay

Need advice.  See attached picture.  Where do I trim to top of the Ab armor?  In the pictures I marked a line about 1/8" in but I'm not sure if I should be trimming it on the edge so it doesn't have the right angle.  I'm just afraid it will jab into my tummy if I leave it.  So....overhang or no overhang?  What say the pros?

Thanks,

Scott

post-28818-0-56870600-1474310892_thumb.jpg

Need advice.  See attached picture.  Where do I trim to top of the Ab armor?  In the pictures I marked a line about 1/8" in but I'm not sure if I should be trimming it on the edge so it doesn't have the right angle.  I'm just afraid it will jab into my tummy if I leave it.  So....overhang or no overhang?  What say the pros?

Thanks,

Scott

Hey Scott, if you're using something other than brackets (ex snaps and straps) then you can remove as much as you like. The return edge ads size to the armor giving the illusion of thickness, which is not a requirement btw. If you're going to use brackets then give yourself 3/16 to 1/4" of return edge.

Well since snaps are not movie accurate there is no set location however, a couple individuals have made illustrations of where they believe they would go, here's one.

FB_IMG_1430353730960_zpsjfwra8ya.jpgFB_IMG_1430353725888_zps9ayiw1gk.jpg