Webmaster needs a place to crash

V'Pier

Greetings Troopers,

I'm posting this up to ask for help in regards to having a place to crash in LA from Jan 2nd to Jan 9th.

I'll be going down to the Rose Parade with the 501st from Dec 27th to Jan 2nd.

I've asked to extend my return date to Feb 9th, so that I can fly to New York to see my family which I have not done in 5 years. They were very kind to extend the return date for me without any issues.

Now I was hoping to fly to New York on the 2nd of Jan, but the cost of a ticket ended up being over $600 which is more than I can spare right now, fortunately the travel agent who's booking the Rose Parade flight said that the price drops down to $300 on Jan 9th which is a bit more affordable to pay. I have not been in a position to afford a trip back to New York in years, and this is an opportunity for me to do so in an affordable way, so I thank George Lucas for this opportunity to march in the parade, and a chance to see my family after all these years.

The downside is, I don't really have any place to stay for those few days, and once again, I can't afford to get a hotel room for those few days, which would make the whole point of saving money on a plane ticket a bit redundant.

So I'm asking if there are any LA Troopers, or even non-501st members who are willing to be generous this time of year to allow me to stay at their place for that week, so that I can fly back to New York and see my family after such a long time.

I would be so greatful for your help.

I've already posted a message in the South California Garrison forum, but am still waiting for a response from someone.

Thank You