Mics and amps help

So, I have decided, with no experience with electronics whatsoever to DIY all my helmet mods. So far so good! My only problem is with my static activation. Currently I'm having to press and hold a button down, which along with the wires and circuitry, is inconvenient and may look a little suspicious. I'm thinking that I could instance some kind of sound dependent resistor (yay for GCSE physics) so that when I talk into the mic, the static activates. My tech teacher suggested a 'Sound Activated Relay' but is this the (sorry) cheapest or even most effective option?

Thanks guys!

Edited by The Anonymous Egyptian

Okay I've edited this post twice, can I ask if anything beyond 'DIY my helmet mods' ??

Sent from my 5022X using Tapatalk

No worries, I've sorted the writing issue

You get it figured out? Sorry for the late

Sorry no! I haven't, i was referring to my issue with writing the topic! You aren't late Ukswrath!! No worries!

Hey there ukswrath, while thats truly a brilliant offer, I dont currently have that kind of money on me at the minute! I was thinking of something more along the lines of DIY, as my budget is very tight. Do you know of any way to implement a Sound Activated Relay? Thanks

Hey there ukswrath, while thats truly a brilliant offer, I dont currently have that kind of money on me at the minute! I was thinking of something more along the lines of DIY, as my budget is very tight. Do you know of any way to implement a Sound Activated Relay? Thanks

Try these forums 

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32270-tkvoice-for-ios-development-annoucement/

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38397-tk-talkie-diy-comm-effects/