Blaster Master fit

Hello, I'm not sure how many of you have heard of me A.K.A. Rayabear.  I've been selling blasters now for almost a year on eBay to well over 100 extremely satisfied 501st members around the world.  Recently after a three month re-design of my model to include accommodations for electronics that was done in cooperation with a very clever 501st member in Ohio who designed an inexpensive electronics light/sound kit which he sells to me.  I not so interested in the insignificant profits I make from the e-kits and would rather there be a DIY thread.  I've already started sourcing switches and such, maybe I could offer a DIY package?  Although well designed and inexpensive, our e-kit is far inferior and lacks many features.  Also, he is having a hard time keeping up production resulting in me being out of stock more than in.  He does his best but this is a side thing for him where it's my whole life.  I'm really not interested in manufacturing these myself.

Sorry for being long winded.  The reason for this thread is I would like to again change the design of my model to fit an Arduino system very similar to your (TK8177) have designed here.  I am very much a novice at Arduino having only one experience with it when I created a 5 axis robotic arm with a mega 2560.  So I guess this is a call to arms.  I need help with this.  I would like to form a collective with a few individuals to help me with the Arduino side of things especially.  My programming skills are practically non-existent.  And I have a breadboard, and I can solder in my sleep but I know almost nothing of electronics.  Google is my beast friend.  If you are interested in helping out please contact me. 

Thanks,

RayAbear

post-26647-0-86443800-1471622203_thumb.jpg

post-26647-0-63370000-1471622221_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

If you are interested in helping out please contact me. 

Thanks,

RayAbear

Start here: http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=393174.0

If want to know more about the history and main field of application, go here: http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=361566.0

Hello friend.  I followed that link and read about the board.  There is a lot of great stuff there, but let me address a couple concerns.  First, at present I only make blasters and not light sabers so I have no need for the motion detection.  Secondly, the costs is higher than buying the three boards so when room is not an issue it seems wasteful to me. 

Thanks, Ray

Edited by rayabear