Biceps covers trips for bigger guy

Hi I am helping a new recruit build his armour. I am having an issue with the biceps. We are using but join cover strip method but even at full stretch we can't get them to fit. The other thing is the coverstrips. What's the widest you can go at the back?

Theres no measurment really. Just make them all the same size front and back top to bottom or reasonably close. If it looks silly to you...it may take more shimming, seam filling, painting, then a cover strip. Or different armour. Or time for a pilot.

Which armour and what crl? Anovos anh stunt?

Edited by sylverbard

Firstly, trim those all those circumference edges so that they are clean and smooth. Use lexan scissors. Re test fit the bicep.<br><br>

It looks like there is still overlap happening, the outer bicep is covering or overlapping the inner.<br><br>

Mark on the outer where the overlap is, and trim the outer so that you have a butt join. Then you can determine how wide the cover strip needs to be.

i guess what im trying to say is with the butt join meathod out at full stretch they will fit but is it ok for the coverstrip to sit back from the raised ridge.

859FEC09-BDAA-4968-B6A7-5183F06B5892_zps

the red rectangle is the where the strip will sit (excuse the cruddy pic!!) the arrows pointing at the ridge. if i line up the coverstrip to the ridge then you can see the join seam but it i place the strip over the seam the strip is way back from the ridge! (ignore the fact that the inside is sitting inside the outer half. they will be joined up butting together)advice!??

Edited by joshsurf

Please read my post again - carefully. :)

Why should you ignore the fact that the inner bicep is sitting inside the outer? 

Like I mentioned, clean up all the trimming first because that looks honestly - quite awful.

Test fit it again.

Mark where the outer bicep overlaps the inner. Trim the outer vertically along this line.

Reassemble it. Presto, the ridge has now moved closer to where the seam is (I'm guessing by 3/8") and the cover strip can be normally sized and used to cover the butt join. In your case it has to be where it is due to the formed lip.

Edited by pandatrooper