Trimming help

Hey guys so I just got my armor, and it's a little ,big and already trimmed, this Is my first time, any suggestions on how to trim to my size without ruining it?-------------

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

hmmm, that's an issue I've run into too. do you have any pictures of the pieces needing better fitting. Some of those problem areas can be reshaped via hot water, or VERY careful heating. I've already had to for go the typical cover strip widths on my armour due to my size.

I see the picture now. Ok first if the wrist return edge is still there that can be completely taken off. you can also probably trim the side edges that go toward your inner forearm down to fit. Try dry fitting the 2 pieces and mark where they are comfortable on your arms. for mine I had to trim to 6.5mm on the ridge of my forearms on either side for a 13mm coverstrip

Overlap the two pieces till they fit you and tape them with painters tape then you can see how much you need to cut off, on my biceps I had to remove a 1" overlap so I took a 1/2" of each end. I generally trim an equal amount of each side vs taking it all off one side only. 

Here is my bicep before and after trimming. 

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 2