Plasti-Dip

Hi everyone.  Plasti Dip questions.  First, is the spray the better option?  And, when in the process is the best time to apply it?  I'd guess as soon as I screw the two pieces together, but before installing the lens and mouth screen?

Thanks, all!

Hi everyone.  Plasti Dip questions.  First, is the spray the better option?  And, when in the process is the best time to apply it?  I'd guess as soon as I screw the two pieces together, but before installing the lens and mouth screen?

Thanks, all!

If you intend to reinforce with cheesecloth, you have to use the hand brushed option. Otherwise, you can use either. The spray gives a lovely smooth finish on the interior, which I prefer, but you can't use the cheesecloth with it.

Definitely want the lenses out and the frown screen out before painting. And you'll need to mask the heck out of every opening (with the spray, certainly) (and including a bag around the exterior), to avoid it getting on other parts. I masked the exposed nuts and bolts, too.

20160327130920-bc30376f-la.jpg

20160327133927-45209121-la.jpg

Apply according to the instructions. For the spray, that means 30 minutes between coats. (weather dependent, I'd imagine) I sprayed 3 coats on mine before I was satisfied.

Edited by kman
  • Like 2