Butt Joint method

Sorry for what seems like a stupid question but I am confused about the butt joint method on closing the calves. I have watched lots of videos on putting arms and thighs and all the armor parts together and then using the cover strip and gluing it all together. In terms of the calf pieces I have seen the velcro method and the bra hook method, both which have overlap unlike the front of the shin which is edge to edge and hidden with the coverstrip. 

I want to go Centurian. As I read the requirements it says to use the butt joint method, does that mean there will be no overlap in the calf area at all? if not, then how do you keep it closed? Does anyone have pictures of centurian calf pieces open and closed? 

Thank you!

Hey Sean you need to leave them open in the rear to get them on. Either method will work for centurion. Take a look at www.trooperbay.com and look at his video on putting together shins. That will give you a great idea on how to go about it.

• Like 1

A guy in the anovos fb page just explained it to me. I had no idea some armors are molded with the coverstrip in not as a seperate piece of plastic. Once I saw the picture I understood. So I am good to go w velcro or bra hooks! Thanks for the quick reply