Two questions about chest return edges

XiliX

That's a tricky question as there is no CRL when it comes to mandatory return edges I think. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the only rule on return edges is NONE allowed on the wrist side of the forearm. Everything else is a comfort fit. Depending on your size and Armor choice you may add or remove return edges to make your Armor fit you! I would recommend minimal 2 or 3mm in the neck to 0mm by the time it hits your shoulder extensions. As for your Chest to Ab... Look at it horizontally, and remove plastic from the Ab where the two meet. Repeat process a few times and they will lay flat keeping as much return edge as you can. Hope it helps.

That's a tricky question as there is no CRL when it comes to mandatory return edges I think. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the only rule on return edges is NONE allowed on the wrist side of the forearm. Everything else is a comfort fit. Depending on your size and Armor choice you may add or remove return edges to make your Armor fit you! I would recommend minimal 2 or 3mm in the neck to 0mm by the time it hits your shoulder extensions. As for your Chest to Ab... Look at it horizontally, and remove plastic from the Ab where the two meet. Repeat process a few times and they will lay flat keeping as much return edge as you can. Hope it helps.

Thanks Jay.  Yes that does help.

Some returns deoending on the armor make are deeper or more angled in than others. There should be approx 1/2" - 5/8" return on the lower chest. Approx 1/2" on the lower arm openings tapering to less at the shoulders, and 3/8" at the neck. Again, all approximate. I find troopers tend to overtrim their returns and it doesn't make the chest look good.

Edited by pandatrooper

Just reading what I wrote and I mis spoke when I said to look at the chest ab horizontally and remove plastic from the AB. It should be removed from the CHEST return edge!!!

I understood what you were trying to explain.  That's what I did and it worked great.  Thanks for the help.