Darth Tiberius's TK AM 2.0 Build

Hey guys. So I have been floating around on the Forum for awhile just doing research. I finally decided to go with AM 2.0 armor and got my big brown box yesterday! I am trying to take things slowly and make sure I don't make any major goofs  :) I still am in the process of purchasing tools and other parts (magnets, paint, etc.) but wanted to get started on my build thread. I've been looking over ukswrath AM 1.0 build a lot and it has been incredibly helpful. I'm sure ill have a ton of questions and all help is appreciated. Thanks!

post-26840-0-26827500-1454736600_thumb.jpgpost-26840-0-19023500-1454736605_thumb.jpg

My AM kit arrives Monday and it will be my very 1st build also! I will for sure keep up with your build thread as I do mine.<br>

What are you going to start with? It is my understanding that biceps and forarms are the easiest and helps build confidence. I think I will start there and document. Also I may try to periscope meerkat my builds so if you want to connect with me on Twitter @anhtrooper maybe we can share ideas.<br>

While I wait, I thought it would be good to start making the brackets uses for mounting to torso to kidney and butt plate. <br>

I used the TK armor build YouTube channel episode 7 to help me. <br>

They are not perfect but they will work. ----------------

Enjoy

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Hey Phil we will definitely have to stay in touch, any help is awesome! I think I am going to either go with the helmet or as you said the forearms/biceps first. I will need to buy some more parts for the helmet though. I've heard that the lenses in the AM kit are 'see through' in some situations and several people have said to buy the darker ones off of trooperbay. I'm just hoping I can get started here soon, i'm just waiting for my Rare Earth Magnets to arrive!

Magnets I got on EBay. I got 20mm and 15mm sizes, just searched for neodymium magnets. Bought a couple packs, hopefully I'll have enough. One is from China so I'm still waiting.<br><br>

As far as split rivets I haven't found any locally, my Home Depot doesn't have any. I might try buying some from a seller on here, I'm not 100% sure yet. Any suggestions are welcome :)

Edited by Darth Tiberius

Real quick question for someone, as far as the blue abdomin buttons the CRL just states you need 3 blue and is not specific on what blue color for EIB or Centurion (or at least I can't see specifics). I have found the chart that details the paint colors but I don't have access to humbrol French blue but I can find model masters French blue, but I've heard it's much darker. Will model masters French blue work? I want to eventually qualify for Centurion and figure it would be easiest to do it right from the beginning. Thanks for the help!

Started on the bucket Saturday, glued the cap on to the back. I used E6000 and it seems to be pretty sturdy. As far as strength is concerned I did sand the attatching areas to give additional grip, but I'm wondering if E6000 will be durable enough or if I should add supports on the interior with a permanent glue? I've also been filing out the teeth, I'll post pictures below

post-26840-0-02306500-1455565967_thumb.jpeg

post-26840-0-08602300-1455566036_thumb.jpeg

post-26840-0-06382800-1455566190_thumb.jpg

Real quick question for someone, as far as the blue abdomin buttons the CRL just states you need 3 blue and is not specific on what blue color for EIB or Centurion (or at least I can't see specifics). I have found the chart that details the paint colors but I don't have access to humbrol French blue but I can find model masters French blue, but I've heard it's much darker. Will model masters French blue work? I want to eventually qualify for Centurion and figure it would be easiest to do it right from the beginning. Thanks for the help!

Trooperbay is your one stop paint shop.  https://trooperbay.com/humbrol-french-blue-paint-14.html Good luck on your build, I love my AM

So an update, I've got the bucket mostly assembled. Sanded out the teeth. Used milliput to reinforce the hovi mic tips, thanks pandatrooper! I had the brow lined up much higher but after putting the ears on (which was crazy hard) the brow sunk down. I can push it back down from the inside but I would need something to hold it down. Any suggestions would be great. I've heard you can roll up elastic and that helps. Anyways here's some pics:

post-26840-0-64794800-1456249681_thumb.jpg

Ok so I'm getting closer to being done with my bucket. It seems to look pretty good to me so far. Any suggestions are welcome. I need to to some touch up painting on the teeth and paint the ears. Then I will install permanent lenses and mesh behind the teeth. I had the brow originally a little higher but the screws pulled it down, hopefully its not too low. I've read that the AM kit has the raised eyebrow on the right side, I tried my best to prevent it but alas it appears to be a little higher. I hope that is ok, anyways suggestions are appreciated  :smiley-sw013:

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Quick Update. I have finished most of the interior of the bucket. I used Chicago screws and epoxy putty called milliput to install posts for the screws to hold the lenses on the helmet. It turned out pretty nice and holds the lenses in tight. I also did a plasti dip/cheesecloth combo on the interior, which turned out great! I bought a military helmet padding set and installed some of the pads. Overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Thanks to everyone on the forums here for the tutorials and advice. You guys are great!

--------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed