Ryans ANH-S Build Thread [RS]

TehPandemic

So here we go! I've incredibly sorry for not making this sooner, I actually got caught up in getting started that I completely forgot to make a build thread!

Anyway, let;s get into business. I've already 75% completed the helmet, bar paint decals, the lens and trying to fit that painful neck trim. I've trimmed all torso pieces so they're ready to fit, and I've in fact already fit the forearms, so they're ready for some gluing.

I haven't taken much in the terms of specific progress pictures unfortunately. I guess I just wanted to get on without stopping every now and then to take them. I'll do my best to take more from now on!

Opening the helmet box

0K2UtW8l.jpg

The innards

h3dq3Zql.jpg

Semi-Assembled

RwBRVF3l.jpg

Semi-Painted (mind the mess)

AuvXCJpl.jpg

Here's where I need a bit of clarification on the forearms.

Left

uXm1lbZl.jpg

chaqrSYl.jpg

Right

PCRYhOul.jpg

1vx5vGzl.jpg

The right is much more squashed, is this normal and part of the kit? Should I leave it or attempt to gently alter it with warm water?

Edited by TehPandemic
  • Like 1

Ridiculously easy. Worse case, pop the piece int he freezer for 5 minutes and you won't have any problems removing E6000 glued pieces. Even when you glue it down, you can fiddle with it a bit before clamping it in place for the next 12-24 hours. 

• 1 month later...