Icomm/aker shipping to Europe

Hey guys, just wanted to give a caution to anyone in Europe that orders an Icomm and aker to be shipped there. It may not be allowed through customs as there is no CE certification mark on the device.<br><br>

I live in Germany and ordered mine at the beginning of December and it was promptly shipped, but when I tried to pick it up at customs, they would not release it after inspecting the device. <br><br>

I did a bit of research to see if this was a mistake but it seems like any electrical products that are not prototypes (more than 5 produced), need to have the CE mark if they are sold in the EU. Maybe this is common knowledge for some of you but I never considered this before ordering. Germany may also be stricter about this sort of thing. Regardless, I just wanted to share my experience.<br><br>

Luckily Jim and Catherine are helpful and will ship the returned icomm to my US address where I'll pick it up in a few months when I'm back there and just bring it in to Germany with my luggage.

They said to me that they don't plan to get the certification due to cost (I think it's around 5k€). Can't say I blame them as I don't think their production number is high enough to warrant spending the money on certification. But like I said maybe not everyone will have an issue, just know that it is a risk when importing to Europe.