Back spacing...

Please excuse the lack of pics to try to better explain. As I'm putting my TK together, due to my short, stocky (but beautiful) body, without any shins I'm going to either have the back plate connected tight up by the shoulders, but this will create a good 2" gap between the back & kidney plate...or tighten up the kidney plate gap, but will leave more black and gap up by the shoulders. From a basic 501st acceptance/general aesthetics standpoint, which is preferable? Or should I just try to meet in the middle and have smaller gaps on top & bottom?

Pictures would help, I don't quite understand why being on the shorter side would create that problem? Having said that 2" sounds like too big a gap, ideally the back and kidney plate would almost butt together, whereas you might be able to get away with a bit of a gap up the top.<br>

As I said, pictures would help, because I might be getting this all confused in my head.

If you go as planned, you'll have to hike up your whole kidney and ab section as well which will cause the cod to be higher than needed. I ended up using nylon and snaps to connect the back to kidney. You'll need to experiment with  your shoulder elastic length. It's much better to have the  chest lower to eliminate back gap on the sides. I put snaps on my chest and elastic on the inside of the ab plate so I can adjust as needed. Pictures help a lot.