Fans in Helmet

I'm on the other side of NY than you, I'm in Albany. You will have to see for yourself how comfortable you are all suited up and bucket on. I sweat pretty easily all suited up mostly because of the compression gear. I have two Evilboy fans in my helmet now and plan on adding Echo's here soon. The downsize to being cool in your bucket is it makes it near impossible to hear anything. Hearing already is rather limited. But luckily we have some smart people on this forum that offer environmental sound systems so you can actually hear people standing in front of you. 

I tend to run on the cooler side and I'm used to wearing motorcycle helmets, from the DOT approved full coverage to the skull caps and I have never really had a problem. But...again, like you said, I've just got to put the thing on and do some chores around the house to see how things go. 

Hey Jamie,

I've seen troopers with and without fan kits. I think it depends on a few things .. (1) Are you a "hot" person, that gets warm easy, and (2) how large is your head opening in the bottom of the helmet(how much fresh air/ventilation can you get)?

I run the Evilboy fan set-up in my TK bucket. I found it very hot in there without it. The fans keep me cool and help prevent my lenses from fogging up. I wear glasses in my bucket too.

My helmet retains a bit of heat because I kept my helmet opening (for slipping my head in and out) as small as possible, and I have the mesh behind the teeth.

I don't wear a balaclava, but do wear a headband. There are a few other threads on this topic on FISD & I'd search them out. You'll find great pics of peoples set-ups if interested. Hope this helps. ;)

Thank you! I'm pretty sure I will be getting the fans, at least just to have them for those "oh my god I need a fan NOW" moments and now apparently I need to look at the environmental sound amplifiers. 

If you're using to wearing full face motorcycle helmets,  you'll be fine. There's quite a bit of room on the sides of your head and down by the bottom for air to move around compared to an actual helmet that hugs your cheeks. Good idea to have some fans and not need them than need them and not have them. 

• Like 1