Bass Amsterdam's

Received my Bass Amsterdam's in the mail yesterday and just thought I'd share my initial thoughts on sizing, feel, etc. After reading numerous reviews, I decided to order down a half size. I normally wear a 10.5 US, but I went with the 10 (normal width). I do wear a size 10 in dress shoes, and that's what also helped in my final sizing decision. Purchased everything you see in the photo on Amazon and for some reason, the size 10's were almost $20 cheaper then the 10.5's. If you're looking to purchase your boots from Amazon, select your size first to obtain an accurate price as the price does vary by size as stated in other posts. I was very pleased with the initial look and feel of the boot. I found that the 10 is actually a perfect fit with even a little room to possibly fit some comfortable shoe inserts in them as well. I will be stripping them with acetone and hopefully will be able to start the painting this weekend. Stay tuned for updates & wish me luck.

20151203_060256_resized_zpsjfmreo3x.thumb.jpg.a3b69ee7cbc929c4eea04a2749873099.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated
  • Like 2

I did the same as you.  They are really nice boots right out of the box, and pretty comfy.  I recommend putting some masking or painter's tape around the lower part over the stitching.  It makes clean up MUCH easier, getting the white off can be tedious.