what do you think of this helmet?

i got some armour off ebay (i know dont say it ) was cheap £460 posted
armour is fine looks good is quite thick and feels sturdy
problem is the helmet

to me it looks all wrong

its a 1 piece fiberglass recast of something i know this much is wrong with it:
ear stripes barley break the surface of the mold and the chin is the same

is it just me trying to find something wrong or is  this helmet fit for the bin?

post-24499-0-01526100-1447193096_thumb.jpg

post-24499-0-72685400-1447193100_thumb.jpg

post-24499-0-87373500-1447193104_thumb.jpg

post-24499-0-33828900-1447193119_thumb.jpg

It's not bad, nor great. Don't need to bin it.

If you're not happy with it, which by the looks of it, you're not - get a new one fron 

any maker you want.

Troopermaster? RS? AP? WTF? MTK? ATA?

go wild.

Line up a series of pics side by side of lids by various makers with that one and pick it apart. I don't think it looks bad. Maybe because you don't know who the maker is, you're trying to find something wrong with it to justify a dislike of it. I don't know about anyone else here, but I myself look simply for quality and accuracy. I couldn't care less if the helmet came from AP, AM, RS or Fred freaking Flintsone down the road. Quality and accuracy, in the end are all that matters, no? Besides, who cares if you like it? It's something you decide on your own.... Hell, I got caught listening to Tom Jones What's New Pussycat going through the toll plaza a few days ago. I happen to be one of 6 people who listen to it willingly lol. If it's not approvable, put it on a shelf and look at it. I wouldn't bin it. If you do, send it my way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Line up a series of pics side by side of lids by various makers with that one and pick it apart. I don't think it looks bad. Maybe because you don't know who the maker is, you're trying to find something wrong with it to justify a dislike of it. I don't know about anyone else here, but I myself look simply for quality and accuracy. I couldn't care less if the helmet came from AP, AM, RS or Fred freaking Flintsone down the road. Quality and accuracy, in the end are all that matters, no? Besides, who cares if you like it? It's something you decide on your own.... Hell, I got caught listening to Tom Jones What's New Pussycat going through the toll plaza a few days ago. I happen to be one of 6 people who listen to it willingly lol. If it's not approvable, put it on a shelf and look at it. I wouldn't bin it. If you do, send it my way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

completly agree i just want an accurate sturdy helmet :)

On 11/12/2015 at 6:55 AM, Major Tom said:

i dont know what any of those abbreviated seller names mean so that doesnt help much

If you're interested in changing it, have a look in here. Here you'll find most of the different makers.

Find one you like or whatnot.

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/fan-made-stormtrooper-armor-submenu.htm

And for your helmet there, I think it's either a FX or RT mod. 

-----------------

Don Post, RT-Mod, FX

TK-2388's picture.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021