RS Prop Masters, Shin armour not Lining Up

Hello,

I getting down to the last few pieces of armour, all I have left to do is the thighs (I'm going to have to take off about an inch to fit my frame), belt and drop boxes, the shins/calves, and the helmet.

I am having issues with the shins, and from my understanding, the Prop Masters set comes with two identical shins both interchangeable, left to right, no distinguishing features for left and right legs. I can get the front of the shin to line up, but the back is way off. See photos below.

Front is lined up...

TonE1c9.jpg

Back is not...

VwgXhCy.jpg

If I line up the back...

NoLvYfC.jpg

The front is off...

HIhd8Pz.jpg

If I force the two to line up, the bottoms are all out of whack, and they don't follow the natural curves of the armour.

LVYE31a.jpg

1auvvA6.jpg

And if I force the armour to line up, it gets a lip at the bottom.

3aVZiGk.jpg

Am I suppost to line them up at the tops and go against the natural curves? Did I cut too much off of the armour?

Thank you!

You are exactly correct. That is just RS shins. Focus on getting the tops to align correctly and getting your front cover strip ridge the proper 20 mm width. Once you have the shin cut to fit, you can trim down the bottom to align properly together. Ideally, the outside of the shin should sit a little lower than the inside of the leg. This was to cover the elastic horseshoe on the boot.  But if it doesn;t work out that way, no big deal. Just make sure you have no return edge on the bottom.

• Like 3

You are exactly correct. That is just RS shins. Focus on getting the tops to align correctly and getting your front cover strip ridge the proper 20 mm width. Once you have the shin cut to fit, you can trim down the bottom to align properly together. Ideally, the outside of the shin should sit a little lower than the inside of the leg. This was to cover the elastic horseshoe on the boot.  But if it doesn;t work out that way, no big deal. Just make sure you have no return edge on the bottom.

Wonderful! Thank you. I'll start working in that now. Perhaps this will help others in the future. I'll post photos in the future.

Again Thank you!

I would be inclined to match the rear together at the top so that they close correctly when worn. Then I would not worry if the front does not match. The right shin top is covered by the thought pack. The left shin top is covered by the knee plate. Lastly trim the lower edge to match up. Job done.

• Like 1