Not the tutorials I'm looking for?

Some time ago, I found a set of generic armor assembly instructions with some facts and figures that were outside the forum section somewhere. Like I said, this was some time ago when I ordered my armor and since then, I have lost track of them. Now that my armor is in I have been looking all over the empire for these instructions with no success. 

I did find this link,------------------------- which I am confident Is what I'm looking for. But It is down for maintenance I suppose, and not working. 

Does any one know of anywhere else to look for another complete set of assembly instructions (that aren't videos). If not, how do I make some noise about the page I found being a broken link, as they say, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. 

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Sadly, no assembly instructions that I am aware of. Your best bet would be to find build threads of your kit type to see how ithers have trimmed/assembled it. Almost all kits follow the same basic process.<br>

Post some pics of your kit and the community here will answer your questions and help guide you.<br>

Good luck on your journey!

I don't actually recall how long the Tutorials link under Getting Started has been down on white armor.net, but your best resource is to look at other troopers build threads. <br><br>

Make sure to look at a few of them as peeps have different approaches and techniques. It makes for good reading, especially late at night when you should be sleeping instead of reading trooper assembly forums and ticking off your partner with the screen light.

The old tutorial threads have been inaccessible since the hosting cutover a few weeks ago. That said, they are not nearly as helpful as the build threads.

There are no authoritative assembly instructions that covers every kind of armor, because there are so many, many ways to do it. That's why the build threads are worth their figurative weight in gold. It's going to take a lot of reading to learn the ropes. I set a personal goal of trying to read one build thread per day so that I can get my equivalent of a full course in this kind of stuff after a few weeks.

Start here:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/31-costuming-and-builds-501st/

Notice the little "Build Threads" links under each section. Pick your style of armor and start reading! These are every bit as good as step-by-step tutorials, believe me. Especially when you start noticing differences in approaches. Do not expect any single set of step-by-step instructions to get you there.

Yes, it's hard. That's why it matters.

And ask questions. We love to answer questions. It's a learn-by-teaching kind of environment!

Bill

Edited by Astyanax