Your Opinion and experience using an action camera when trooping

Here's a video from 501st in Trondheim / Norway. Actioncams were rigged on the troops.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 1

I used a Polaroid cube mounted to my E11 last troop, it just records video. Pretty happy with the quality of the video/images and it was small enough to not be noticed on my blaster

Awesome video!

I have been using an action camera for about 5 months and mounted it on the tip of my dlt-19 to get an angle from me and what happens around me. My favorite events to use it is when walking around the event such as a Commiccon, sporting events or anything where we are on "patrol style and I can interact with people. I found that when trooping  in "Photo booth mode" is not effective because there is no much going and the video is pretty static. After 5 months of testing it in the field I came to the conclusion that is great because you can capture the spontaneity of a moment that cannot be staged with poses or re enactments. Also I can troop and get pictures from the camera as well without stopping.

I posted this video some moths ago and I still love it. . 

• Like 1