Utterly stoked abot ANOVOS

So, after  making the Queen Mary mistake of dropping over $600 on a Rubies, I thought I was SOL on getting a decent TK set of Armor and helmet. 

And, as much as my wife was predicted to kill me, she actually told me to keep the Rubies and practice on it so I don't make mistakes and keep it around as a"beater set" so I don't ruin my ANOVOS gear. So, it's a nice tide-over to make it as up-to-snuff as possible a ROTJ and/or experimental piece for about six months until I can even order my ANOVOS kit. I've been spending a lot of time researching that one, and just found out they are using PVC rather than ABS. I always found that to be a bit brittle and risky sometimes. Has anyone here used PVC, or is that actually the norm for material? I'm still fairly green and open-minded.

Thanks.

Edited by meekerscott

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome. I have mine on order. I need to totally bust my Rubies set apart completely, (donated the helmet to an art gallery) so its a kit, and then practice trimming and gluing from there. I just really don't want to make any newbie mistakes with the real quality stuff.