Garrison Tyranus Friends...

Dark PWF

Duty calls, and I'll be visiting your sector (Ft. Belvoir area) during the first week in August. I should be arriving on the 3rd, and departing on either the afternoon of the 7th or the morning of the 8th.

I'd certainly be interested in and happy to get together some time over a lunch or dinner, dependent upon what my schedule and travel options look like while I'm there. I'm still unsure if I'll have a car for this trip :( but I've never been to the area outside of a on hour rain delay on a runway at Reagan once upon a time.

If anyone local cares to try to meet up, please let me know!

Any chance of you staying over at least through to Sunday the 9th and bringing your kit with you? We've got an event coming up on the 8th, and could use all the shiny (or not-so-shiny) white bodies we can muster. :)

Event Name: THE MUSIC OF JOHN WILLIAMS National Symphony Orchestra Wolf Trap
Venue: Filene Center Wolf Trap
Venue address: 1635 Trap Rd, Vienna, VA 22182
Event Start: August 8 - 3:30 pm (Rehearsal Time) 6:00 PM
Event End: August 8 - 11:00 PM
Event Website: http://www.wolftrap.org/tickets/calendar/performance/15filene/0808show15.aspx
Expected number of attendees: 5000
Requested number of characters: 40
Requested character types:
Secure changing/staging area: Yes
Comments: From a galaxy far, far away to the edge of Neverland, John Williams' iconic scores have accompanied you on epic adventures—journey now with the NSO as they perform entrancing and exhilarating music by the most Oscar-nominated man alive, with songs from beloved films like Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Jaws, Jurassic Park, Harry Potter, Hook, and more.
Referred by: Previous Engagement

For the final fanfare of music, have Storm Troopers come in House Right and Left, and line Left and Right of stage (about 1 min). At key music change, have secondary characters come out. At the final change, have Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader. Stay in place through the bows. Exit back into the house right before the encore. This would be a full 4 minutes on stage. As many people as you have, 40-50 storm troopers.

We would need everyone for rehearsal, and most likely more blocking after rehearsal. And of course, before, during, and after the show.

Rehearsal 3:30pm-6:00pm

Seriously ... they asked for 40-50 stormtroopers ... :blink:

40-50??? Wow. Let me say that it is possible, but I may owe Mrs. Dark pretty seriously if I do.

I'll work on it though. ;) We'll see. I'd love to do it, and my kit fits in a hardshell suitcase. Might need a place to crash on Saturday night though if this happens, and possibly a ride to the airport.

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh... Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the troop.  Travel arrangements are proving to be entirely too chaotic because of my authorized travel dates.

I would still love the opportunity to meet up for dinner with some of you folks one evening.

Further changed by the powers that be.  I'll be flying in on Wednesday afternoon (or whatever day the fifth actually is) and out on Saturday afternoon.  No plans made for anything outside of Friday evening at this point in time.

Just wanted to give a quick thank you to A.C. (NoVATie) for finding some time to meet for breakfast on Saturday.

I do truly enjoy the fellowship of the Legion, and it was a great opportunity to meet up with a friend and get to know each other a little better. Also, how can you go wrong with IHOP for breakfast, right?

Good luck with the Condo, my friend. ;)

• Like 2

My apologies for not being able to meet up with you. I'm pretty much booked during the week (including the evenings), and Saturday was the armor presentation for Layla / Galactic Academy induction / Weird Al troop down in Newport News, so I ended up getting on the road pretty early on Saturday morning.

I'm glad you and A.C. were able to get together. :)

• Like 1

It would have been great to meet up with you, and others, Brian. It would have been truly awesome if I'd been able to stay an extra day and Troop the symphony event with you guys and gals. Unfortunately, as you had constraints, so did I.

There will likely be another time. That's my Headquarters, so I'm sure to be in the neighborhood at least annually. ;)

Just wanted to give a quick thank you to A.C. (NoVATie) for finding some time to meet for breakfast on Saturday.

I do truly enjoy the fellowship of the Legion, and it was a great opportunity to meet up with a friend and get to know each other a little better. Also, how can you go wrong with IHOP for breakfast, right?

Good luck with the Condo, my friend. ;)

Great to be able to meet you too, Tim! :duim:  Hopefully next time you're in town you can sync up for a troop with GT.