RomFx best battery combination?

Just bought myself a RomFx but not yet trooped with it.  It has the option for 8xAA batteries or 1x9v Battery.  I believe the AA's will give greater longevity but what do you use?

I was wondering whether to invest in a good set of rechargeable AA's?  How long can you troop on them?

Thanks all

Hi Jane,

Funnily enough I replied to a similar question on the UKG forum just the other day. The 9v set up can be convenient but if you're a talkative trooper (or it picks up your breathing regularly) it can suck the life from your batteries. The 12v set up will give you a slightly louder output and be longer lasting.

I use one of these:

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 1

Thanks Si.  I had a feeling AA's were the way forward.  I've not been especially talkative in the past, but because this adds a bit of distortion and menace I'll probably find myself having a bit more to say in future.  Think I'll nip to Maplin on Saturday.  I did have a play with a 9v from Poundland (2 pack Kodak things) and it barely lasted the test.

I found a faux leather pouch over the weekend with a fabric lining.  I cut away the leather at the front leaving space for the speaker and then just dropped the rest of the kit into it and zipped it.  It then hangs around my neck similar to how I wore my Aker.  As for my Aker I've now created a little pouch in the back OII so it sits in there with an iPod nano just playing radio chatter on a loop.  I'm out with the 99th this weekend so we'll see how it goes  :)

Had a quick look over on UKG but couldn't see anything on there (probably me not seeing the wood for the trees as usual)

• Like 1